Frequently Asked Questions on CBSE XII Examination

Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) has come up with these Frequently Asked Questions to clarify common doubts on Class XII examination. 

1. If a student fails in the Pre Board examination conducted by the school, can he/she be detained from appearing in Class XII Board's exam? 

The concept of Pre-Board is not in the purview of the CBSE. It is a school’s own prerogative. If the child is eligible he/she can appear for the Board Exam. 

2. Is it possible for a student who has failed in Science stream in Class XII to change subjects to pass at subsequent examinations? 

Yes, but with prior written permission of the Board. However, candidate will not be permitted to take subject (s) involving practical component. The female candidates of NCT Delhi can offer Home Science. 

3. I had failed in class 12 now I want to repeat class 12 privately, so I wanted to know the procedure of filling forms of 12 examination privately and last date of filling forms sir please help me I do not know anything. 

The application for private candidates is available in the Regional Offices in September-October. A private candidate must submit within the prescribed date to the Regional Office concerned, an application in the form prescribed together with the prescribed fee for the examination and three copies of the passport size photograph duly signed by the candidate. Kindly refer the CBSE website for last date of filling forms and other related details. 

4. If a candidate passes in the additional subject but fails in one of the main subjects, what will the result show? 

Class XII:- In respect of a candidate offering an additional subject, the following norms shall be applied: (a) A language offered as an additional subject may replace a language in the event of a candidate failing in the same provided after replacement the candidate has English/Hindi as one of the languages. (b) An elective subject offered as an additional subject may replace one of the elective subjects offered by the candidate. It may also replace a language provided after replacement the candidate has English/Hindi as one of the languages. (c) Additional language offered at elective level may replace an elective subject provided after replacement; the number of languages offered shall not exceed two. 

5. Is it possible to improve performance in Chemistry and Maths and how? 

A candidate who has upgraded of performance / passed Class XI examination of the Board may re-appear for improvement of performance in one or more subjects in the main examination in the succeeding year only. The candidate may appear privately; those re-appearing for the entire examination can also appear as regular candidate if
admitted by the school. 

Courtesy :


அன்புள்ள நண்பர்களே!, உங்கள் படைப்புகள், பயனுள்ள தகவல்கள், அரசாணைகள், கல்வித்துறை இயக்குனர்களின் செயல்முறைகள், பயனுள்ள படிவங்கள், Study Materials, கட்டுரைகள் மற்றும் கருத்துக்களை அனுப்பவேண்டிய மின் அஞ்சல் : " " . . . . தாங்கள் வருகைக்கு மிக்க நன்றி